Fired Up for Spring
The Nature Conservancy, the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and the US Fish and Wildlife Service are now accepting applications to attend their Spring Prescribed Fire Training Exchanges (WI-TREX). Applications must be completed by February 24, 2017.
These trainings are organized as an incident, using the Incident Command System. Participants will:
- serve in qualified and trainee firefighting positions on a burn team
- assist with preparing, scouting, briefing, igniting, holding, mop-up, and patrol on numerous controlled burns in the area
- complete pre- and post-fire monitoring
- train with various equipment
- practice fireline leadership skills, and
- learn about local fire ecology and management.
Email Eric Mark with the Nature Conservancy to register or to get more information .