The Nature Conservancy, the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and the US Fish and Wildlife Service are now accepting applications to attend their Spring Prescribed Fire Training Exchanges (WI-TREX). Applications must be completed by February 24, 2017.
These trainings are organized as an incident, using the Incident Command System. Participants will:
- serve in qualified and trainee firefighting positions on a burn team
- assist with preparing, scouting, briefing, igniting, holding, mop-up, and patrol on numerous controlled burns in the area
- complete pre- and post-fire monitoring
- train with various equipment
- practice fireline leadership skills, and
- learn about local fire ecology and management.
Email Eric Mark with the Nature Conservancy to register or to get more information .